The story of a man and his search to avoid joining the real world at all costs. Mostly tongue-in-cheek, I think.

4.22.2005

The 40 Week Itch Comes to an End

So, this is the last day of my vacation. Most folks are lucky to get 3 weeks, and I got 40. Not too shabby.

So I guess this is the best time to take stock of things, and determine what I accomplished (and failed to accomplish).

I will finish school. Not too bad I guess, it was about damn time, but I got it done. There was a point where I thought I'd never finish.

I'm going to start hitting the gym. Ummm, not quite. I think I was drunk when I made this vow, so that sorta goes out the window.

I'm going to apply for, and hopefully get into, a good grad school. Hell yes. Got into a good program, on a full scholarship (which I totally didn't expect). Things are definitely looking good for the future.

I will keep busy by reading a lot, taking in some culture, and finding out about myself. Not even close. I surfed the web, played video games, and often drank in the afternoon.

All told, a mixed bag for sure. But that's par for the course for me. I've long been a "lots of talk, no action" kinda guy. So for me to actually get some stuff done is a step in the right direction.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some cocktails to fix.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something horrible will happen to you at midnight.

4/25/2005 3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home