The story of a man and his search to avoid joining the real world at all costs. Mostly tongue-in-cheek, I think.

4.25.2005

Work . . . It Ain't That Bad, I guess.

So, I went to work today, for the first time since July 13, 2004. Getting up at 6:30 was a bitch, to say the least. Had to go to orientation, they discussed benefits and such of course. Then went to work. Things were slooooow. Didn't do a whole lot. The manager said, "Well, when it's slow, just surf on the internet or something." Not bad!

So, I'm thinking this could be a good deal for about 10 weeks or so. But it was funny, I was just out in the garage, smoking a cigarette, when it occurred to me: "Damn, I have to go again tomorrow."

But it could be worse. I could be an EXPLODING TOAD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beo said...

Yeah, V. Nice day you decided to stop going to work.

That exploding toad story is a riot though, huh. I wonder what is causing it.

4/26/2005 11:28 AM

 
Blogger V said...

Hadn't thought about that. That's your birthday isn't it?

And I didn't DECIDE to stop going to work. They told me to stop showing up. Had to make that distinction.

4/26/2005 11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home