The story of a man and his search to avoid joining the real world at all costs. Mostly tongue-in-cheek, I think.

6.14.2005

FFS&S: The Interactive Edition



As I may or may not have mentioned before, I've decided that my last day of work will be Friday, July 1. Since I'm an upstanding sort of guy, I am going to give my two weeks notice. So, if you do the math, that means I'll be giving my notice this week.

So here's where you come in. I need to give a reason as to why I'm leaving. "I got into grad school in March and never planned on staying more than a couple of months" is not a viable option. Part of me wants to do something really creative. One suggestion I received was "I'm leaving to pursue my dream of becoming an astronaut." Not bad. But I need a reason I can give with a straight face.

So, please post any suggestions you may have. If I choose your suggestion, I'll send you a dollar. Seriously.

Have fun.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell them you got a job as a mascot for a minor league baseball team. You scumbag.

'stick

6/14/2005 2:26 PM

 
Blogger Nico said...

Tell them you're moving to the Azores to live with your folks for a while.

6/15/2005 12:10 AM

 
Blogger V said...

Both good suggestions.

Stick, I can tell them I bought the rights to Youppi! and will be barnstorming the minors.

6/15/2005 12:12 AM

 
Blogger S. said...

Tell them you need to start training for your title shot at the N.A.M.B.L.A. belt.

6/15/2005 1:32 AM

 
Blogger Beo said...

Tell them you are buying a bar in Amsterdam and want to live a more humble existence.

Actually V, that might make you happier than going to school.

6/15/2005 10:10 AM

 
Blogger the engineer said...

tell them that the dead women in your closet are starting to reek of decay and u need to split the country before your brothers find out....or

that your going on tour with me as my air guitar roadie, and u need to help me back stage every nite with all the coked out whores!

6/15/2005 1:58 PM

 
Blogger angrygrrface said...

Tell them you're slowly dying of mono, and you want to spend the last few months of your life trying to get into Paris Hilton's pants. (Like it's hard.)

6/15/2005 5:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home